Assembler error: osmocomBB

Neetesh Saxena
Hi everyone,

I installed a fresh Ubuntu and then installed everything related to osmocomBB.

I have added path of arm-elf-gcc using export PATh=$PATH:<path>/install/bin
and also added in bashrc file.

Now when I am compiling it I am receiving the same errors:

/home/saxena/osmocom-bb/src/target/firmware/include/asm/swab.h:
Assembler messages:
/home/saxena/osmocom-bb/src/target/firmware/include/asm/swab.h:32:
Error: no such instruction: `eor %edx,%ecx,%ecx,ror'
make[4]: *** [gsmtap_util.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/home/saxena/osmocom-bb/src/shared/libosmocore/build-target/src'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/saxena/osmocom-bb/src/shared/libosmocore/build-target/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/saxena/osmocom-bb/src/shared/libosmocore/build-target'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/saxena/osmocom-bb/src/shared/libosmocore/build-target'
make: *** [shared/libosmocore/build-target/src/.libs/libosmocore.a] Error 2

Can anybody tell me where I am wrong?

With regards
Neetesh Saxena...
Get your own FREE website, FREE domain & FREE mobile app with Company email.
Know More >

Re: Assembler error: osmocomBB

Alexander Huemer-2
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 11:31:14AM -0000, neetesh  saxena wrote:
> I installed a fresh Ubuntu and then installed everything related to
> osmocomBB.
>
> I have added path of arm-elf-gcc using export
> PATh=$PATH:&lt;path&gt;/install/bin
> and also added in bashrc file.
>
> Now when I am compiling it I am receiving the same errors:

As before, the cross compiler is not found.
Since you put the path to the binaries of the toolchain in your .bashrc,
the following should work:

        $ arm-elf-gcc

Is that the case?

Kind regards,
-Alex

Re: Assembler error: osmocomBB

hcother
Make sure you aren't running "sudo make" as you mentioned before.. your root environment is probably not picking up your PATH to arm-elf-*

You can also just check in your shell to see if arm-elf-* is there by starting to type arm-elf and then hit tab... if nothing shows up you probably didn't setup PATH correctly.

I reproduced your error using "sudo make" with a fresh checkout/install on Debian

/home/comstock/Personal/osmocom-bb/src/target/firmware/include/asm/swab.h: Assembler messages:
/home/comstock/Personal/osmocom-bb/src/target/firmware/include/asm/swab.h:32: Error: no such instruction: `eor %edx,%ebp,%ebp,ror'

Linux cwd364 3.2.35 #1 SMP Wed Mar 13 22:50:31 CDT 2013 x86_64 GNU/Linux

-Craig

On Thursday, January 9, 2014 6:22 AM, Alexander Huemer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 11:31:14AM -0000, neetesh  saxena wrote:
> I installed a fresh Ubuntu and then installed everything related to
> osmocomBB.
>
> I have added path of arm-elf-gcc using export
> PATh=$PATH:&lt;path&gt;/install/bin
> and also added in bashrc file.
>
> Now when I am compiling it I am receiving the same errors:

As before, the cross compiler is not found.
Since you put the path to the binaries of the toolchain in your .bashrc,
the following should work:

        $ arm-elf-gcc

Is that the case?

Kind regards,
-Alex

Re: Assembler error: osmocomBB

Steve Markgraf

On 09.01.2014 12:31, neetesh saxena wrote:
> I have added path of arm-elf-gcc using export PATh=$PATH:&lt;path&gt;/install/bin
> and also added in bashrc file.

That doesn't look right and you seem to have at least one typo (PATh).
Add the following to your /home/saxena/.bashrc (mind the .):

export PATH=$PATH:/home/saxena/gnu-arm-toolchain/install/bin

...for the case that the toolchain was built inside the folder gnu-arm-
toolchain of your home folder, if that is not the case please adjust
the path.

Regards,
Steve

On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 07:50:35AM -0800, Craig Comstock wrote:

> Make sure you aren't running "sudo make" as you mentioned before..
> your root environment is probably not picking up your PATH to
> arm-elf-*
>
> You can also just check in your shell to see if arm-elf-* is there by
> starting to type arm-elf and then hit tab... if nothing shows up you
> probably didn't setup PATH correctly.
>
> I reproduced your error using "sudo make" with a fresh
> checkout/install on Debian

Why would one run 'sudo make'?
I don't see a good reason to do so.
Anyway, if you want to preserve your environment when running sudo, use
'sudo -E'.

Kind regards,
-Alex

Re: Assembler error: osmocomBB

dat30
i'm currently getting the exact same error
my arm-elf-gcc is working as expected("which arm-elf-gcc" returns the full path to it)
any suggestions?