Calypso BTS

phreaker1983
I tried to install CalypsoBTS have libosmocore installed, osmo-bts osmobsc, libosmo-netif, libosmo-abis, ortp, trx, libosmo-dsp everything went without errors, following the instructions I created: touch ~/.osmocom/open-bsc.cfg , then when you run : osmo-nitb -c ~/.osmocom/open-bsc.cfg-l ~/.osmocom/hlr.sqlite3-P-C --debug=DRLL:CC:MM:RR:RSL:NM shows me:<0005> bsc_init.c:498 Failed to parse the config file: '/root/.osmocom/open-bsc.cfg' file tried to create as administrator but without success , pleas help me

Re: Calypso BTS

phreaker1983
I installed according to the official instructions (http://osmocom.org/projects/baseband/wiki/CalypsoBTS), everything is going smoothly until: Now wee need to configure [[OpenBSC]] and [[OsmoBTS]] to work together with [[CalypsoBTS]].
# Create the configuration folder if it isn't exist yet
mkdir ~/.osmocom
cd ~/.osmocom
touch ~/.osmocom/open-bsc.cfg
touch ~/.osmocom/osmo-bts.cfg
Then init default configuration:
# Run [[OpenBSC]]
osmo-nitb -c ~/.osmocom/open-bsc.cfg-l ~/.osmocom/hlr.sqlite3-P-C --debug=DRLL:DCC:DMM:DRR:DRSL:DNM
I created a folder .osmocom since it was not, then the command touch ~/.osmocom/open-bsc.cfg created empty file open-bsc.cfg , then I did :

osmo-nitb -c root/.osmocom/open-bsc.cfg-l root/.osmocom/hlr.sqlite3-P-C --debug=DRLL:DCC:DMM:DRR:DRSL:DNM

and then there was an error (attached screenshot).

Re: Calypso BTS

phreaker1983

I corrected the path, and tried to upload an example file open-bsc.cfg , now I have the following error:

root@osmocombb-VirtualBox:~# osmo-nitb -c ~/.osmocom/open-bsc.cfg -l ~/.osmocom/hlr.sqlite3 -P -C —debug=DRLL:DCC:DMM:DRR:DRSL:DNM

DB: Failed to init database. Please check the option settings.

root@osmocombb-VirtualBox:~# osmo-nitb -c ~/.osmocom/open-bsc.cfg -l ~/.osmocom/hlr.sqlite3 -P -C —debug=DRLL:DCC:DMM:DRR:DRSL:DNM

DB: Failed to init database. Please check the option settings.

Re: Calypso BTS

phreaker1983
i create file hlr.sqlite3

Re: Calypso BTS

phreaker1983
root@osmocombb-VirtualBox:~# osmo-nitb -c ~/.osmocom/open-bsc.cfg -l ~/.osmocom/hlr.sqlite3 -P -C —debug=DRLL:DCC:DMM:DRR:DRSL:DNM

DB: Failed to init database. Please check the option settings.

Re: Calypso BTS

phreaker1983
sorry guys , my mistake, I haven't installed libdbd-sqlite3, and showed me on the screen:

root@osmocombb-VirtualBox:/home/osmocombb# sudo osmo-nitb -c ~/.osmocom/open-bsc.cfg -l ~/.osmocom/hlr.sqlite3 -P -C —debug=DRLL:DCC:DMM:DRR:DRSL:DNM

DB: Database initialized.
DB: Database prepared.

is that supposed to work?

Re: Calypso BTS

phreaker1983
I added to your open-bsc.cfg contents of : https://git.osmocom.org/openbsc/tree/openbsc/doc/examples/osmo-bsc/osmo-bsc.cfg ,
 then for a test run I did:

cd trx/src/
 sudo host/osmocon/osmocon -m c123xor -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -c target/firmware/board/compal_e88/trx.highram.bin -r 99

cd trx/src/host/layer23/src/transceiver/
 sudo ./transceiver -a 40 -r 99

further, according to the instructions to run OsmoBTS and OpenBSC,
 for OpenBsc run I'm doing :

osmo-nitb -c ~/.osmocom/open-bsc.cfg -l ~/.osmocom/hlr.sqlite3 -P -C --debug=DRLL:DCC:DMM:DRR:DRSL:DNM

please tell me how to run OsmoBTS