FCCH and SCH

list_mailing
Hello,
I'm newbie to osmocomm and GSM too....I'm studying the protocol and the source code...but I have many doubts...the first one is the following:
1. Which are the routines handling FCCH and SCH in osmocom source code?
2. When I load layer1 firmware and load mobile app, FCCH and SCH are automatically handled by this application?
Sorry if my questions are stupid for you, but it's a litlle bit complicate moving in the code, above all for a newbie.
Thanks in advance.

Re: FCCH and SCH

Harald Welte-3
On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 09:01:29AM -0800, list_mailing wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm newbie to osmocomm and GSM too....I'm studying the protocol and the
> source code...but I have many doubts...the first one is the following:
> 1. Which are the routines handling FCCH and SCH in osmocom source code?

have you ever even bothered to use 'grep' to search for what you are looking
for?

layer1/prim_fbsb.c:/* Layer 1 - FCCH and SCH burst handling */

--
- Harald Welte <[hidden email]>           http://laforge.gnumonks.org/
                                                  (ETSI EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)

R: Re: FCCH and SCH

list_mailing

Thanks for your answer. I did :-) and found it...but it is a little bit tricky to trace the function call flow.

however I think to have resolved.

Thanks again.

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 09:01:29AM -0800, list_mailing wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm newbie to osmocomm and GSM too....I'm studying the protocol and the
> source code...but I have many doubts...the first one is the following:
> 1. Which are the routines handling FCCH and SCH in osmocom source code?

have you ever even bothered to use 'grep' to search for what you are looking
for?

layer1/prim_fbsb.c:/* Layer 1 - FCCH and SCH burst handling */

--
- Harald Welte <[hidden email]>           http://laforge.gnumonks.org/
                                                  (ETSI EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)

http://baseband-devel.722152.n3.nabble.com/FCCH-and-SCH-tp2363201p2379398.html
To unsubscribe from FCCH and SCH, click here.