Please can anyone advise me - FMTOOL Error and no further processing

Please can anyone advise me - FMTOOL Error and no further processing

Raz Sharif
Dear all, I vae the C115 with a T1 USB to Serial cable with the Prolific chipset.

When i run osmocon i get :- an its just sits there with no further processing.

./osmocon -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -m c123xor ../../target/firmware/board/compal_e88/loader.compalram.bin
read_file(../../target/firmware/board/compal_e88/loader.compalram.bin): file_size=17120, hdr_len=4, dnload_len=17127
read_file(../../target/firmware/board/compal_e88/loader.compalram.bin): file_size=17120, hdr_len=4, dnload_len=17127
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
got 2 bytes from modem, data looks like: 2f 00  /.
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 1b  .
got 3 bytes from modem, data looks like: f6 02 00  ...
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 41  A
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 01  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 40  @
Received PROMPT1 from phone, responding with CMD
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 66  f
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 74  t
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6d  m
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 74  t
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6f  o
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6f  o
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6c  l
Received FTMTOOL from phone, ramloader has aborted
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 65  e
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 72  r
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 72  r
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6f  o
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 72  r
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .

I think the cable is ok as when i run my fingers on the tip i get random Zeros so it appears to be talking to the cable.

Also when i tried to run Mobile i get the :- even though i created the Mobile.cfg file in /etc/osmoco

Failed to parse the config file: '/home/raz/.osmocom/bb/mobile.cfg'
Please check or create config file using: 'touch /home/raz/.osmocom/bb/mobile.cfg'

I have spent some hours researching the lists and trying various things to no avail but I want to continue until I resolve this issues and use this great stack to learn about the GSM network.

Please advise.

Great full for any help or pointers but this maybe a timing issue that is difficult to debug.

Thanks
Raz

Re: Please can anyone advise me - FMTOOL Error and no further processing

Sébastien Lorquet
Hi,

Didn't you post a similar message a few days ago?

Sebastien

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 7:45 PM, Raz Sharif <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Steve Markgraf
On 03.07.2011 20:26, Sébastien Lorquet wrote:

> Didn't you post a similar message a few days ago?

Yes, he did. In fact, he posted an almost identical message three
times.

@Raz Sharif: Please refrain from doing that. I've given you a few
pointers in my reply, and if that doesn't help, your cable seems to
have some sort defect (timing issue, tx line defective..). Did you do
a loopback-test by connecting RX to TX and see if sent data comes back?

Regards,
Steve

Re: Please can anyone advise me - FMTOOL Error and no further processing

hvkiet
my output same as. plz help me

Re: Please can anyone advise me - FMTOOL Error and no further processing

rpjitendra
Received PROMPT1 from phone, responding with CMD
read_file(chainloader): file_size=32, hdr_len=4, dnload_len=39
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 1b  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: f6  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 02  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 41  A
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 02  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 43  C
Received PROMPT2 from phone, starting download
handle_write(): 39 bytes (39/39)
handle_write(): finished
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 1b  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: f6  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 02  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 45  E
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 53  S
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 16  .
Received DOWNLOAD NACK from phone, something went wrong :(
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 66  f
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 74  t
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6d  m
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 74  t
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6f  o
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6f  o
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6c  l
Received FTMTOOL from phone, ramloader has aborted
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 65  e
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 72  r
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 72  r
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6f  o
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 72  r

this is the output with "-c"
using linux with intel i5 and motorola c117
headphone cable and usb ttl adapter
please suggest me ...

handle_write(): finished
this is when i try usb 3.0

Re: Please can anyone advise me - FMTOOL Error and no further processing

rpjitendra
problem solved.
worked with 123xor