T191 unlock cable

R M

T191 unlock cable

R M
Hi

This is my first mail to this list. I have downloaded the code and compiled it.

My development environment is Eclipse using cygwin as I am a Windows user.

I have succeeded in procuring Motorola C115 phone and also T191 unlock cable but the cable has a serial port on one end and 2.5 mm audio jack at the other.

My laptop doesn't have a serial port. It only has USB ports.

What sort of USB to serial converter should I use?

I have not enquired the cost of FDTI cables in India. But they seem to cost a fortune online.

Please do suggest one that is cheap say within 200 rupees.

I am also having difficulty downloading Iota and Rita data sheets as the links provided in the wiki lead to chinese sites and I don't understand chinese.

Can some one who has already downloaded them please tell me the process like which buttons I need to click etc.

Regards,
RM

Re: T191 unlock cable

wpatan
Hello,

I suggest you purchase those Prolific based cables.  It's much cheaper compared to FTDI cables.
You wont be needing FTDI unless you plan to test the "burst" branch.

Cheers!
Wpatan
R M

Re: T191 unlock cable

R M
Hi,

Thanks wpatan.

I am planning to buy this cable http://www.tronisoft.com/prod.php?id=2441.

Is it OK for using it with T191 unlock cable.

Regards,
RM

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 7:12 AM, wpatan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I suggest you purchase those Prolific based cables.  It's much cheaper
compared to FTDI cables.
You wont be needing FTDI unless you plan to test the "burst" branch.

Cheers!
Wpatan

Re: T191 unlock cable

wpatan
Yep. This is a standard USB to Serial adapter.. it's based on a Prolific chipset.