begginer problem

crabro
Hello,

I have the problem connecting to the phone with osmocom tool. For what I have read on this list trying to run helloworld example app should work, and if there are problems connecting they stem from the cable/adapter being low quality.
For now I have tried with three different usb-rs232 adapters (2 on winchiphead ch341 chip then I switched to  prolific PL-2303 chip) and with 3 different phones (1xC155 and 2xC121) but in any of those configs I am not able to successfully run helloworld - it doesn't receive 'prompt' message as written in wiki - CompalRamLoader. Instead for C121 I always get:

./osmocon -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -m c123  ../../target/firmware/board/compal_e88/hello_world.compalram.bin
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 7e  ~
got 5 bytes from modem, data looks like: 82 bf 7d fd 7f  ..}..
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 51  Q
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: d2  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 51  Q
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 0a  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 3a  :
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 02  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: a3  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: a3  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: da  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .

I tried to stty different port speeds but still only got above sequence.
Have you got any suggestion what could be the problem or what direction should I follow to get it working?
mad

Re: begginer problem

mad
 On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 11:57:35 +0100, Maylandia Crabro wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have the problem connecting to the phone with osmocom tool. For
> what
> I have read on this list trying to run helloworld example app should
> work, and if there are problems connecting they stem from the
> cable/adapter being low quality.
>  For now I have tried with three different usb-rs232 adapters (2 on
> winchiphead ch341 chip then I switched to  prolific PL-2303 chip) and
> with 3 different phones (1xC155 and 2xC121) but in any of those
> configs I am not able to successfully run helloworld - it doesnt
> receive prompt message as written in wiki - CompalRamLoader. Instead
> for C121 I always get:
>
> ./osmocon -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -m c123

 Did you try -m c123xor with the prolific?

 Regards,
   Mad

Re: begginer problem

wpatan
Hi!

Where you able to solve this problem?
We have exactly the same data received from the phone...

- wpatan

Re: begginer problem

wpatan
I was able to fix the problem. It seems that the cable is ok but the earphone jack did not fit properly ( i used a modified headset that will exactly fit on the phone).
BTW, you can test if your cable is functional by using minicom and shorting the tx/rx part of the cable... if you see echoes of your keystrokes on minicom.. then your cable is good.

Tnks!